The award ceremony took place in Hanoi on March 4.
The competition attracted nearly 1,000 entries within one month since its launch in November 2018. In their essays, participants expressed their understanding of tangible, intangible and natural heritages of Europe.
|The first prize of the essay contest on European cultural heritage is presented to five young Vietnamese on March 4. Photo: nhandan.com.vn|
The first-prize winners included a student of the International University under the Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City; and another from the University of Languages and International Studies under the Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
Two former students of the Foreign Trade University and the Hanoi University, along with a lecturer at the University of Foreign Languages under the Hue University, also won the award.
The prize for them is a tour of many EU member countries like France, Italy, Belgium and Sweden.
The contest, the second of its kind so far, was held in response to the European Year of Cultural Heritage in 2018.
- Trinity High School senior wins Omega Psi Phi essay contest
- Sanders announces State of the Union essay contest
- Mandel JCC Triathlon & Biathlon is Feb. 10; MLK essay contest open to area students; more: Press Run
- Goodlettsville Middle students win Vanderbilt University MLK day contest
- BWCA essay contest returns to get teens into the wild
- Rocky River students advance to districts in national history essay contest: West Shore Chatter
- Edmond mayor’s essay contest open for entries
- Jackson Hinds Library System hosts MLK Essay Contest
- Young Coders Win South Bend Pitch Competition
- Atascocita High School student wins $500 drug safety PSA contest from Kroger