Who are the front-runners in the race to replace Theresa May BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Theresa May’s announcement to Conservative MPs that she is prepared to step down for the second phase of Brexit talks should her EU withdrawal deal pass has sparked speculation about who might replace her. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/who-are-the-frontrunners-in-the-race-to-replace-theresa-may-37958579.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article37958576.ece/7649f/AUTOCROP/h342/2019-03-28_new_49103907_I1.JPG Email Theresa May’s announcement to Conservative MPs that she is prepared to step down for the second phase of Brexit talks should her EU withdrawal deal pass has sparked speculation about who might replace her. The Prime Minister’s decision prompted leading Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg to say: “The great joy of the Tory Party is it has so many talented people in it. It’s like finding a fast bowler in Yorkshire. You just call and one appears.” Here’s a look at key names currently being floated to take the helm if Mrs May steps down. Michael Gove The Environment Secretary had a bruising experience in the last Tory leadership race, but he is now seen as the favourite, at 7-2, to replace Mrs May, largely due to his Brexiteer credentials. In June 2016, Mr Gove, who was campaign manager for Boris Johnson’s drive to succeed David Cameron, withdrew his support on the morning… Read full this story
- Ruth Davidson tells Vogue she won't be replacing Theresa May
- Brexiteers 'threaten to replace Theresa May' with Brexit 'dream team'
- Ex-Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini the front-runner to replace Slaven Bilic at West Ham
- Jacob Rees-Mogg ‘sounding out’ friends about running to replace Theresa May as maverick Tory privately lets slip ambition to be PM
- David Davis tops Tory survey of who should replace Theresa May as 15 of her own MPs sign a letter of no confidence
- Michael Gove opens the door to another Tory leadership bid to replace Theresa May
- Ex-Conservative chief whip Mark Harper tipped as contender to replace Theresa May as party leader
- Ruth Davidson: I am not going to replace Theresa May
- Theresa May to reshuffle Cabinet on Monday as reports say top four ministers 'are safe'
- Theresa May set to move or sack ministers Cabinet reshuffle
Who are the front-runners in the race to replace Theresa May have 367 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at March 28, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.