In Asia, Vietnam’s proportion of women in senior management positions is only below Philippines at 37.46 percent. It is higher than countries like Singapore at 33.04 percent, Indonesia 31.85 percent and South Korea 29.89 percent, according to a report released Thursday by Grant Thornton International. Vietnam’s ration in this regard is also higher than the global average of 28 percent. The top four roles of Vietnamese women in business are Chief Finance Officer (36 percent), Chief Executive Officer or Managing Director (30 percent), Human Resources Director and Chief Marketing Officer (25 percent). “In Vietnam, women in business always play significant parts,” said Nguyen Thi Vinh Ha, national head of Advisory Services and deputy general director, Grant Thornton Vietnam. “We are proud of having many influential and inspirational female in general and look forward to a generation of successors.” However, Vietnamese women in senior positions still face many challenges, the report said. It said 40 percent of Vietnamese women lack access to “developmental” work opportunities, higher than the global proportion at 27 percent. Thirty-five percent lack access to networking opportunities, while the global rate is 26 percent. They also have caring responsibilities outside of work, at 39 percent in Vietnam versus… Read full this story
- Seniors' Health Rankings: Where does your state rank?
- The Top 10 senior management IT mistakes
- Senior management 'slow to understand wireless risks'
- Report: AOL ignored senior management doubts over Bebo buy
- Note to Oracle and SAP senior management
- Sweden ranked second most innovative country worldwide
- Nanny State? Sweden ranked 'second worst' for boozing
- Vodafone in senior management reshuffle
- Atos Origin offers new desktop management service in Asia
- Spyware threat not recognised by senior management
Vietnamese women's presence in senior management ranks second in Asia have 259 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.