Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnamese shares advanced on March 4 with the strong growth of large-cap stocks such as Vingroup (VIC), Vinhome (VHM), PV Gas (GAS), Vinamilk (VNM), and Vincome Retail (VRE).
The VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE) edged up 14.36 points to close the trading day at 993.99 points. More than 235 million shares were traded on the bourse at over 5.03 trillion VND (215.97 million USD).
There were 230 advancers and 94 decliners.
Meanwhile, on the Hanoi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index rose 1.27 points to close at 108.53 points. Some 54 million shares were sold on the northern bourse with a value of more than 695.7 billion VND (29.87 million USD).
VIC closed its trading day at 117,400 VND (5.04 USD) per share, up 2 percent; VHM hit 93,200 VND (4 USD) per share, up 2.4 percent; GAS at 103,000 VND (4.42 USD), up 3 percent; VNM at 142,900 VND (6.14 USD), up 1.1 percent; and VRE at 35,350 VND (1.52 USD) per share, up 1 percent.
Meanwhile, green margins dominated banking stocks, with Vietcombank (VCB), Vietinbank (CTG), BIDV (BID), Military Bank (MBB), and Techcombank (TCB) rising by 1 percent, 1.9 percent, 2.3 percent, 1.6 percent, and 1.5 percent, respectively.
Strong growth was witnessed in oil and gas as well as financial service groups, with the highest expansion seen in PetroVietnam Drilling Mud (PVC) at 8 percent and PetroVietnam Drilling and Well Services (PVD) by 5.4 percent.
Foreign investors remained net sellers at the beginning of the week, recording more than 137 billion VND (5.88 million USD) in value by selling 1.4 million shares on the HoSE.
Meanwhile, on the HNX, foreign players net sold over 1.4 million shares worth 4.23 billion VND (181,600 USD). –VNA
- Wall Street mixed as investors sell large-caps
- AMD Market Share Gains Accelerate in Desktop PCs, Servers and Mobile
- AMD Market Share Gains Accelerate in Desktop PCs, Servers and Notebooks
- MoviePass’ parent company raised $6 million by selling new shares, and sent its stock crashing another 50% to under one penny
- Tech firms lead broad gains for US stocks in morning trade
- Subscriber gains boost BSkyB stock
- BBC1 Touts Audience Share Gain in 2012
- Of Mutual Interest: Can small caps keep living large?
- AMD Q2 2019 CPU Market Share: The Calm Before the 7nm Storm
- Salesforce Stock Drops 8% On News Of $15B Tableau Acquisition