Vietnam Air Services Company (VASCO) today, March 23, announced the cancellation of many flights from HCMC to the southern airports of Ca Mau and Rach Gia, and from the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho to Phu Quoc Island, because of technical problems.
A VASCO aircraft is seen at Con Dao Airport
VASCO, a unit of the national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines, apologized for the cancelations, but did not say what caused the cancellations.
The air services company said, after cancelling the flights, it has offered other plans to serve passengers, as well as to compensate passengers, as required in Circular 14/2015 of the Ministry of Transport regarding flight cancellations.
This is not the first time VASCO has canceled flights due to technical problems. Last year, the company had cancelled flights because of bad weather and technical problems.
VASCO operates short routes to local airports with short runways, such as Con Dao, Ca Mau and Rach Gia, while mainly flying smaller aircraft, such as the ATR 72.
- Yerevan-Moscow flight cancelled due to technical problem
- Plane forced to turn back to Manchester mid flight after 'technical problems'
- CAAV announces delayed and cancelled flight report
- Connacht rugby team on flight diverted to Belfast International due to technical problem
- Ryanair passengers left frustrated by refunds process amid cancelled flights
- Last-minute technical problem delays Nasa’s flight to sun
- Last-minute technical problem delays Nasa's flight to the sun
- Malaysia Airlines flight forced to turn back due to technical problem
- Flight to Belfast diverted to Glasgow Prestwick after technical problem