President Trump sparked confusion on Friday by announcing the cancellation of sanctions aimed at North Korea that were just announced by his own Treasury Department, an apparent effort to salvage his administration’s nuclear negotiations. “It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea. I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!” Trump tweeted Friday.Trump administration officials could not immediately explain which sanctions Trump was referring to because no new sanctions were announced Friday. However, the Treasury Department announced new sanctions late Thursday against two Chinese shipping companies for their alleged role in evading U.N. sanctions against North Korea. When asked to explain Trump’s tweet, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders simply noted that “President Trump likes Chairman Kim and he doesn’t think these sanctions will be necessary.” The policy reversal appeared to expose the sharp differences within the Trump administration on North Korea policy. Trump has fixated on his negotiations with the rogue state after leaving his no-deal summit with Kim Jong Un in Hanoi last month, telling senators, visitors and others that he can still make a deal with North Korea –… Read full this story
- North Korea - Vacation in a Secret State (Part 3)
- How Japan Can Finally Say "No"
- WRAPUP 7-Turkey pushes offensive in Syria, despite sanctions and calls to stop
- Why the Jong face? Horse draws short straw as tubby North Korean leader Kim goes for a gallop
- Gordon Sondland, a key figure in Trump impeachment furor, long coveted ambassadorship
- Viewpoint: Syria could be beginning of end for Trump
- Erdogan says Turkey will never declare ceasefire in northern Syria
- Putin’s Syria Gambit Delivers Again as Trump Sidelines U.S.
- US indicts Turkish bank over $20 BILLION in Iran oil money – but this may be linked to Trump impeachment
- Serious Christians Are Fun to Find
Trump says he’ll cancel North Korea sanctions that were just announced have 314 words, post on www.pressherald.com at March 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.