Three fans have been arrested following pitch invasions at the FA Cup match between Swansea City and Manchester City. A sixteen year old and two fifteen year olds have been arrested after two separate incidents at the game. South Wales Police confirmed they had been arrested under S4 of the football offences act for encroachment onto the playing area and remain in custody. Responding to the incident, Police match commander, Supt Steve Jones said safety of fans and players is paramount. The arrests follow several recent incidents of pitch invasion at grounds around the UK. These include an incident at Birmingham City when a fan attacked Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish on the pitch during a derby match on 10 March. Paul Mitchell was wrestled off the pitch by stewards after punching Grealish, He was jailed for 14 weeks. Incidents also took place at Arsenal on the same day and Rangers two days earlier. Swansea gave Premier League champions Manchester City a scare, taking a two goal lead before eventually losing 3-2.
- FA Cup 1990: Manchester United 3-3 Oldham Athletic (aet)
- Pep Guardiola: Yaya Toure says Man City boss 'often has problems with Africans'
- Domenec Torrent: Man City assistant leaves after 11 years with Pep Guardiola
- Man City: Premier League champions close to signing Riyad Mahrez & Jorginho
- Son of Cardiff City's FA Cup winning captain Fred Keenor has died
- 'Massive amount of drinking' blighted Town's FA Cup clash
- Time to go back to that wonderful day when the FA Cup came to Derby
- Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku disagrees with Mourinho over FA Cup
- Here's when Chester FC begin their FA Trophy and FA Cup journeys next season
- Phil Jones admits FA Cup final performance was "c***"
Three arrested after pitch invasions at Swansea v Man City FA Cup tie have 276 words, post on www.itv.com at March 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.