Let’s be honest: Endorsements, campaign ads, and padded resumes are spectacularly useless when Election Day comes around. In Phoenix, that day is less than two weeks away. On March 12, Phoenicians get to pick a new mayor and, if they live in District 5 or District 8, a new City Council member. Continue ReadingSadly, several chose not to respond (if you’re reading this, candidate, our offer still stands), thereby landing themselves in Coward’s Corner:• Future Mayor Kate GallegoValenzuelaGuardadoGuevaraJohnsonStrachanStewart, Jr.All the responses we received came from candidates in District 8, the most crowded race. They have been lightly edited for clarity and length.1. Should there be a civilian review board for police shootings and other serious uses of force? Gilbert Arvizu: I believe a civilian review board would certainly help mend any broken ties between our police and the community. Like many existing boards and commissions, a civilian review board can make recommendations to the Phoenix City Council for consideration. This would ensure active community engagement and communication.Carlos Garcia: Yes, absolutely, and the civilian review board should have subpoena and firing power. Lawrence Robinson: Yes. Officer-involved shootings have increased at an alarming rate. A civilian review board, alongside training officers on interacting with residents… Read full this story
- How Bristol City Council responded to claims it is institutionally racist
- This is how Sunderland City Council is looking to stop a rise in cyber attacks
- Plans for massive city centre apartment block set to be REJECTED
- 'This is how to breathe new life into Derby city centre'
- 'Shambolic' chocolate run organisers slam council but not everyone is convinced
- Derby's tallest apartment block gets go-ahead from council but...
- Mayor 'stalling on city clean air plan'
- Homeless camp of over 20 tents moves into old Leeds International Pool site in city centre
- Cancer Research Race for Life welcomes everyone as it returns to Sunderland
- Sprinklers: are they really needed for Wigan flats?
The Only Questionnaire You'll Need for the Phoenix City Council Race have 310 words, post on www.phoenixnewtimes.com at March 2, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.