Hanoi — Formula One chief Jean Todt on Wednesday hailed next year’s inaugural Vietnamese Grand Prix in Hanoi as a great opportunity to open doors for people with “a passion” for motorsport in Southeast Asia. The Vietnamese capital will get its first taste of the high-octane glitz and glamour of Formula One when it hosts its first grand prix from April next year as the sport bids to tap into new markets in the region. Todt said he hoped Vietnamese fans seeing the likes of five-time world champion Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel battling wheel-to-wheel on the streets of Hanoi would lead to an explosion of interest in racing of all kinds in football-mad Vietnam. “It’s… fantastic for the development of the motorsport in Vietnam and in the region,” Todt, who is president of motorsport’s world governing body the FIA, told reporters Wednesday at a groundbreaking ceremony for the new street circuit in Hanoi. “I really hope that soon here will also be facilities to host cart racing, drifting racing,” he added. Todt hopes the event will breed a new generation of Vietnamese drivers. “You have young people, talented with a passion for motorsports, that’s why I think it’s very… Read full this story
- Brazilian F1 Grand Prix victory goes to Max Verstappen as Leclerc and Vettel's Ferraris collide
- British F1 Grand Prix live stream FREE: How to watch Lewis Hamilton and co at Silverstone without paying
- 7 dingen die je moet weten over de F1 Grand Prix van Amerika
- Weersverwachting voor de F1 Grand Prix van Brazilië
- Vietnam Grand Prix organizers made to feel like part of Formula One 'family'
- The F1 Dutch Grand Prix Is Coming Back For the First Time Since 1985
- Singapore Grand Prix: Humidity meets hedonism during Asia's most punishing race
- Mexican Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton Set to Join Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher as F1 Great
- British Grand Prix’s future at Silverstone remains in doubt as F1 owners Liberty Media yet to agree terms on new deal
- British Grand Prix: Live stream FREE, what TV channel, start time and Silverstone circuit info for 2018 F1 race
Sports New F1 grand prix can tap into Vietnam 'passion' for racing: Todt Foreign doctors learn from Vietnamese have 347 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.