A professional kart racing competiton will kick off for the first time in Vietnam this May, open to both professionals and non-professionals above 18 years old.
The racing was unveiled on Saturday by Pham Hong Son,director of the New City Racing Club (NCRC) corporation, which will organize the karting Formula Racing Vietnam 2019-2020.
Son added that entry is going to be simpler with a more reasonable price than other forms of professional kart racing.
Karting, also known as kart racing, is a variant of motorsport road racing with small, open-wheel, four-wheeled vehicles called go-karts or karts, with the most popular one being Formula One races.
Currently, beside motorbike and mini truck races that grasp public attention, other forms of racing are still yet to develop in Vietnam, Son said, adding that kart racing is the foundation of the racing industry over its accessibility and reasonable pricing.
Participation fees for professionals and semi-professionals are expected to be US$2,000 per team, with all members required to be over 18 years old, while the competing vehicles will be advanced and luxury supersport cars like Arrow and Praga with four-stroke and 10-horsepower engines.
The races are going to be divided into different tracks including FRV Endurance Race held at the Dai Nam race track in Binh Duong Province, located 30 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh City to the east.
The first track of this season is expected to be opened from May 4 to 5.
The next track will be due on September 2, while the last one is scheduled for the end of 2019.
The final round will be organized in mid-March of 2020.
The competition is going to be divided into two sections for professional and corporate racers.
In order to be qualified for the race, a participant needs at least three days of practice and to have competed in two classification races.
“This race is based on a format similar to Formula One with 30 racing teams,” Son said.
He added that the organizing committee is making sure to allow the racers to showcase their speed on long roads no different from professional racing tracks, while also letting them exhibit their remarkable driving skills at turns and complex road structures.
- What time do the polls close? An hour-by-hour guide to the hottest races nationally in Election 2018
- National American University Holdings, Inc. Reports Fiscal 2019 First Quarter Results
- US Senate race: Springfield town hall featured in new Elizabeth Warren ad
- Hot planning trends for 2019
- ‘Voyage to Vietnam’ returns to Children’s Discovery Museum
- Monmouth Park wants more racing days in 2019
- Annual fall career fair provides opportunities for networking
- New initiatives coming to Hastings College Fall 2019
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit unveils former Patriots cheerleader Camille Kostek as new rookie for 2019
- Top House races to watch on Election Night