SINGAPORE: Singapore Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin will make an Official Visit to Malaysia for three days beginning today. “This will be Mr Tan’s inaugural Official Visit since being elected to the post of Speaker in September 2017,” said a statement by the Parliament of Singapore here today. Tan will be accompanied by Members of Parliament Vikram Nair, Pritam Singh, Melvin Yong, Yee Chia Hsing, Joan Pereira, Henry Kwek and Saktiandi Supaat, and Nominated Member of Parliament Anthea Ong. Tan and his delegation will be hosted by Datuk Mohamad Ariff Md Yusof, Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat (House of Representatives). On Tuesday, they are scheduled to make courtesy calls on Mohamad Ariff as well as Senator Tan Sri S.A. Vigneswaran, President of the Dewan Negara (Senate) to exchange views and enhance parliamentary dialogue. According to the statement, the delegation will also observe a parliamentary sitting in the Dewan Rakyat and hold a meeting with Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Legal and Parliamentary Affairs) Datuk Liew Vui Keong. Tan will deliver a speech on governance from a parliamentary perspective on March 19 as he has been invited by Mohamad Ariff to share his views for the Dewan Rakyat Speaker Lecture… Read full this story
- NA Chairwoman pays official visits to Morocco, France
- Chicago's top cop will NOT attend Donald Trump's first official visit to the Windy City after the president blasted policing there and said 'Afghanistan is safer'
- Labour peer Lord Janner 'violated, raped and tortured' children in PARLIAMENT, claims Simon Danczuk in bombshell debate
- Parliamentary leader welcomes chief justice of Singapore
- Speaker John Bercow accused of 'obscene waste' after running up £172 bill being chauffeur-driven 0.7 miles from Parliament
- Vietnam and Singapore expand co-operation in innovation and technology
- We remain focused on building the pipeline of visitors from India: Singapore Tourism Board regional director
- Vietnam, Singapore look to stronger strategic partnership
- UK's Prince Charles to visit India for second time in two years
- Over 1 million people sign a petition opposing Boris Johnson's plans to suspend Parliament
Singapore Speaker of Parliament in KL for official visit have 327 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at March 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.