Vic Kolenc and Madlin Mekelburg El Paso Times Published 6:15 AM EDT Mar 14, 2019 Beto O’Rourke sat inside the kitchen in his home, located just blocks from Mexico, as he made the case for his presidential campaign — one born from President Donald Trump’s intense focus on the border as a dangerous place in urgent need of a wall. O’Rourke, 46, who was a little known congressman from El Paso when Trump was elected, officially entered the 2020 presidential race Thursday, ending months of speculation that began after the Democrat narrowly lost a Senate seat in reliably red Texas. The announcement makes O’Rourke the second Texan to enter the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, which already has more than a dozen other announced candidates. He also becomes the first prominent El Paso politician to seek the nation’s highest office and the only candidate in the race who lives on the U.S.-Mexico border. “I want to be president because I feel that we can bring this country together. We can unify around our ambitions, our aspirations, the big things that we know we are capable of when all of us have the opportunity to contribute,” O’Rourke said in an exclusive interview with the El Paso Times before his official announcement. “I just want to serve this… Read full this story
- Republican Political Outsiders Glenn Youngkin, Pete Snyder Announce Run for Virginia Governor
- Former 'Real Housewives' star Barbara Kavovit announces run for NYC mayor
- On The Trail: The political winners of 2020
- Beto O’Rourke Considering Texas Gubernatorial Run in 2022
- Andrew Yang announces candidacy for New York mayor with surprising endorsement
- 'You not going to see the end of Trump': Steve Bannon says President Trump will run again in 2024 if he loses the upcoming election
- 5 Arrested For Illegal Street Racing In Irvine, Reaching Speeds Up To 160 MPH
- DNC 2020: What’s In Store On the 4th Day?
- Denny Hamlin, FedEx sign contract extensions with Joe Gibbs Racing
- Daytona 500 sponsors announced for Josh Bilicki, No. 52 car
Presidential race 2020: Beto O'Rourke announces run have 330 words, post on eu.indystar.com at March 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.