Press play to listen to this article By JACK BLANCHARD Send tips here | Subscribe for free | Listen to Playbook and view in your browser Good Thursday morning. There are 22 days to go until Brexit Day … if anyone still believes Britain is leaving on March 29. WELCOME TO LONDON: Donald Trump’s former ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley is in town, and has some sage advice for fellow tourists this morning. DRIVING THE DAY PANIC STATIONS: Theresa May is staring down the barrel of another heavy Brexit deal defeat next week after what looks to have been a disastrous summit between the two negotiating teams Tuesday night. With five days to go until the next meaningful vote, there is currently zero sign of the backstop breakthrough Downing Street urgently needs to convince Euroskeptic Tory MPs to support the deal. Today’s Telegraph splash warns Cabinet ministers now expect the government to lose by between 60 and 100 votes next week, which — while better than January’s historic 230-vote loss — would still represent a crushing defeat. Crucially, it would also clear the way for parliament to reject no deal in a vote the following night, and then to order the PM… Read full this story
- Paddington moves into top spot at UK box office with StudioCanal's biggest ever debut
- 2018 in Pictures: Trump’s Visit, WWI Centenary, Free Tommy Rally
- Farage Confirms Return to Frontline Politics if May Delays Brexit
- Reconstruction and robots: can Tokyo 2020 live up to 1964’s Olympic legacy?
- We Can Be Heroes: How the Nerds Are Reinventing Pop Culture
- The Untold Story of the World's Biggest Diamond Heist
- Here are Theresa May's options for immigration after Brexit
- SXSW Releases 2014 Features Lineup
- SimpliSafe Home Security System review
- John McAfee Fled to Belize, But He Couldn't Escape Himself
POLITICO London Playbook: Panic stations — Labour going soft? — Cox in the box have 288 words, post on www.politico.eu at March 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.