RANCHI, India (AP) — Captain Virat Kohli scored 123 runs but India was prevented from clinching the one-day cricket international series when Australia won the third match by 32 runs on Friday. Australia cut India’s lead to 2-1 in the five-match series. The fourth match is on Sunday in Mohali. Australia made 313-5 after an opening stand of 193 between Usman Khawaja, 104, and captain Aaron Finch, 93. India was bowled out for 281 in the 49th over. Only Kohli passed 35 in the chase. Kohli reached his 41st hundred, and second in two matches, off 84 balls but after he was out at 219-6, bowled by legspinner Adam Zampa, India ran out of puff. Vijay Shankar, with 32 off 30 balls, was the second-highest scorer. The Indians were stymied by fast bowlers Pat Cummins, 3-37, and Jhye Richardson, 3-37, and Zampa, 3-70. India, unchanged from the second ODI win, got off to a bad start with Shikhar Dhawan out for 1 in the fourth over, caught at point off Richardson. Cummins took two wickets in six balls as India was reduced to 27-3 in the seventh over. Rohit Sharma was dismissed lbw for 14 in the fifth over, and… Read full this story
- Australia beats India by 35 runs in deciding 5th ODI
- Australia romps to 80-run win against Pakistan in 3rd ODI
- Balbirnie's 145 helps Ireland beat Afghanistan in 3rd ODI
- Australia's 2-year ODI losing streak ends in New Delhi
- Kohli's 40th ODI hundred helps India to 2-0 lead v Australia
- Virat Kohli: Why is India cricket captain NOT playing vs New Zealand?
- Turner leads Australia to 4-wicket win over India in 4th ODI
- HAWK-EYE MESS: Aaron Finch given out in India vs Australia DRS SHOCKER
- Virat Kohli: India legend reveals the ONE main area Kohli can improve after stunning 2018
Kohli hundred in vain as Australia win 3rd ODI by 32 runs have 281 words, post on apnews.com at March 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.