Box fresh trainers might become a thing of the past as Gucci has become the latest high-end fashion brand to sell scruffy footwear.The Italian fashion house sparked debate over its Screener leather sneakers from its Cruise 2019 collection, with critics saying they look “dirty” and accusing the brand of “commercialising poverty”.Gucci say the trainers reference “old school shapes and materials inspired by vintage sportswear”.The brand added that the designers are “influenced by classic trainers from the 70s” and feature the vintage Gucci logo.The most expensive pair in the line retail at £1,070 and feature a removable “Art Deco GG chain”, which the brand says “pushes the he notion of bringing contrasting elements together in new ways”. Advertisement A similar shoe from the line is selling for £875 and includes “removable cherries with crystals” over the laces.The least expensive trainer from the line is on sale for £615, and comes without any additional crystal adornments. More from Fashion Govt ‘out of step’ after rejecting proposals to tackle throwaway fashion industry Calvin Klein apologises to LGBTQ community over Bella Hadid kissing robot advert Mind charity shop in Tunbridge Wells receives huge donation of designer clothes El Chapo the fashionista: Drug lord creates… Read full this story
- Ex-WaMu Worker Claims He Was Shunned for Refusing to Push Toxic Loans on Borrowers
- Top racehorse owner ousted from Pa. track
- The Latest: Derby favorite Justify wins Run for the Roses
- Three Reasons Why Lawyers Avoid Business Development
- The lawyer who took down Lance Armstrong is on a mission to end the culture of cheating
- Trump's Loudest Anti-Muslim Twitter Troll Is A Shady Vegan Married To An (Ousted) WWE Exec
- Matteo Salvini: Can Italy's populist leader return to power?
- Telangana: Intolerance to hostile media
Gucci criticised for selling dirty trainers from £615 have 283 words, post on news.sky.com at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.