At around 1:30 p.m. on a recent Friday afternoon, some people on 8chan, an online message board, watched a mass murder unfold. Brenton Tarrant had just announced he would carry out a deadly attack and stream it live on Facebook. The first fans quickly voiced their support. “Good luck,” one user wrote; another: “Sounds fun.” A third person wrote that it was the “best start to a weekend ever.” When Tarrant’s head-mounted camera showed him murdering the first person at the entrance to the Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand — someone who had just greeted him kindly — a fourth person wrote, “Holy fuck nice shootin.” Around 200 Facebook users watched through their smartphones, tablets or computers as the 28-year-old got out of his car, opened his trunk where he kept his weapons, and began killing 50 people in and around two mosques. His victims included children, like the 3-year-old Mucad Ibrahim; students, like the 14-year-old Sayyad Milne; men, like the father Khaled Mustafa, and women, like Husne Ara Parvin, who was gunned down while trying to protect her wheelchair-bound husband. A mass killing of Muslims, documented in real time, filmed in the style of a first-person-shooter video… Read full this story
- Ukraine Under Threat From Far-Right Extremism, Report Reveals
- Armed Conflict Between French Right and Muslims – How Real is the Threat?
- Web shop pay cut threat over anti-VAT demo
- Two years of severe terror threat ahead – after 12 plots are foiled in the past 12 months
- Shopping Online for Home Decor?
- Far-right terrorism threat on the rise in Britain
- Arrests in Bhima-Koregaon case show RSS and far-right now enjoy impunity
- UK warns of two more years of severe terror threat
- Online Dating 101: What You Should Know Before Dipping Your Toes In The Digital Pool
- Japanese Blogger Is Killed After Giving Lecture on Online Trolls
From the Web to Real Life: The Growing Threat of Online-Bred Right-Wing Extremism have 295 words, post on www.spiegel.de at March 28, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.