Anthony Kern was fired from the El Mirage Police Department in 2014 after lying to his supervisor, and was placed on a list of Maricopa County law enforcement officials with a history of dishonesty or misconduct.Now a third-term state legislator, Representative Kern saw an opportunity: He has worked behind the scenes on a bill that could remove law enforcement officials like him from the list.At Kern’s request, fellow Republican Representative John Kavanagh of Fountain Hills recently sponsored a bill to give officers the ability to appeal an agency’s decision to add their names to the list.Continue ReadingProsecutors and defense attorneys rely on the police misconduct database, known as the Brady list, to identify officers with documented credibility problems when an officer’s testimony is relevant to a criminal case. However, the scope of Kavanagh’s bill was scaled back. On Monday, the House passed a version of the measure that only requires an agency to give officers seven days’ notice before adding their names to the Brady list. The incident that led to his termination from El Mirage and his inclusion on the Brady list is just one example of Kern failing to tell the truth. In fact, in recent years, Kern has misled… Read full this story
- Give us Back our Police!
- 'Warwickshire Police are culpable in the murder of my son'
- GOP-backed voting restrictions under fire
- Rogue police fought fire with fire to bring down Gee brothers
- 'Intestines hanging out': Young cop helped save stab victim
- Paedophile bragged to cops ‘I love talking to schoolgirls’
- Force is strong with cop turned stand-up comic
- All the Bank Holiday madness faced by Devon and Cornwall Police
- UK cops tried to save stabbed Aussie
- Top cops make police suicide pledge after our investigation
Fired From Police Job for Lying, Arizona Lawmaker Tried to Help Cops Who Lie have 289 words, post on www.phoenixnewtimes.com at March 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.