Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) is planning to unveil a bold proposal to break up Big Tech. In a speech she’ll be giving today in Long Island City, Queens, the Democratic presidential hopeful will discuss her proposal to weaken the monopolistic grip of tech giants such as Amazon, Google, and Facebook, reports the New York Times. Warren will reportedly call for greater regulation of the biggest companies, as well as more scrutiny of their acquisitions. The large companies facing stricter rules would be broken up into two categories, according to the New York Times: [T]hose that have an annual global revenue of $25 billion or more, and those with annual revenue of $90 million to $25 billion. The upper tier would be required to “structurally separate” their products from their marketplace. Smaller companies would be subject to regulations but would not be forced to separate themselves from the online marketplace. Essentially, Warren wants to create a check on these behemoths and their power. In a statement to the New York Times she said, “We need to stop this generation of big tech companies from throwing around their political power to shape the rules in their favor, and throwing around their economic power to snuff… Read full this story
- Elizabeth Warren unveils plans to root out corruption in Washington, ensure federal government works for Americans
- Elizabeth Warren’s plan to drain the swamp
- Elizabeth Warren declares criminal justice system "racist" from "front to back"
- Elizabeth Warren wants to make capitalism great again
- An Elizabeth Warren endorsement would be a boon for Galvin or Zakim. Except it didn’t happen — for either.
- Elizabeth Warren’s primary concern is her reelection campaign
- Google-Facebook Dominance Hurts Ad Tech Firms, Speeding Consolidation
- Putting Some Bite Behind Elizabeth Warren
- 'Calexit' co-founder: Elizabeth Warren might not be 'allowed in' proposed California spinoff reserved for Native Americans
- Elizabeth Warren: Don't let Trump & Wall Street gut consumer protection bureau
Elizabeth Warren has big plans to break up Amazon, Google, and Facebook have 312 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at March 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.