Hanoi (VNA) – Completing a job restructuring project this year is a key task for public sector salary reform, said Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue.
Hue, head of the central steering committee for reform of wage and social insurance policies, made the statement at a meeting held on March 14 in Hanoi to review the implementation of a Party resolution on salary policy reform.
Under the resolution, which takes effect in 2021, the new public sector wage system will be linked to employees’ positions and grades. Employees of State-owned enterprises will enjoy pay parity with those from non-State firms.
The Deputy PM asked agencies, sectors and localities to establish the project and ranks of officials in State agencies and armed forces units this year and next.
He emphasised that the resolution aiming at enhancing the effectiveness of the State apparatus while reducing the number of personnel on the Government payroll by 2.5 percent per year.
“An employee can do many jobs at the same time in the private sector. A driver can also be a secretary,” Hue was quoted by chinhphu.vn as saying.
However, it was impossible to apply this practice in the public sector, he said.
He proposed the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) review and complete legal documents relating to job titles and criteria to assess civil servants and officials based on job titles.
The Deputy PM appreciated the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs and the capital city of Hanoi that have succeeded in carrying the job restructuring project and asked the MoHA to study and hand over experience to other localities, ministries and agencies.
He also requested the MoHA to work with the Party Central Committee’s Organisation Commission to establish leadership titles from the central to grassroots levels and submit them to the Politburo.
Regarding resources for wage reform, the Deputy PM ordered the Ministry of Finance and localities to mobilise financial resources on wage reform, ensuring they would be spent for the right purpose.-VNA
- Deputy PM Trinh Dinh Dung to visit UAE, Tanzania
- Inflation controllable despite soaring pork prices: Deputy PM
- Deputy PM urges fostering start-up spirit for national prosperity
- Vietnam treasures peace, stability: Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh
- Vietnamese Deputy PM meets with top diplomats of Japan, Iran
- Deputy PM receives Japan’s Kanagawa Governor
- Deputy PM urges stoking start-up spirit for national prosperity
- Deputy PM greets Japan’s Kanagawa Governor
- Progress recorded in cooperation with Middle East-Africa: Deputy PM
- Deputy PM: VOV must be a strong multimedia agency