Colleagues of a man who worked in the probation service in Hull have paid tribute after he was killed on board an Ethiopian Airlines plane that crashed on Sunday. Joseph Waithaka, 55, moved to Hull around 15 years ago before moving back to his native Kenya in 2015. But his wife and children still live in Hull and he was on his way back to Kenya from a visit to the city when tragedy struck. Flight ET302, which was en-route to Nairobi, came down six minutes after it took off from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia’s capital city. A total of 149 passengers and eight crew members are reported to have been onboard and it has been confirmed there were no survivors. Mr Waithaka worked for the probation service during his time in Hull and had a passion for helping people get back on track. He became a volunteer with Humbercare which opened the door for him to get a job with the Probation Service supervising those carrying out unpaid work as part of a Community Service Order. Helen Gunn, senior manager at the Humberside, Lincolnshire & North Yorkshire Community Rehabilitation Company (HLNY CRC), said: “I had the pleasure of line managing… Read full this story
- What caused the Ethiopian Airlines crash, did anyone die and when did it happen?
- Ethiopian Airline crash: Black box found after deadly plane crash
- Ethiopian Airlines crash – At least nine Britons killed including UN animal campaigner, polar expert, aid worker and dad of three
- Families press for memorial at Ethiopian Airlines crash site
- 157 killed in Ethiopian Airlines crash, eight from US
- #PutYourSticksOut: Heartbreaking tribute to Humboldt crash victims goes viral
- Ethiopian crash victims want 737 MAX documents from Boeing, FAA
- 2 black boxes recovered from deadly Ethiopian Airlines plane crash
- Families of Ethiopian plane disaster victims steel themselves for journey to crash site
- Ethiopian Airlines ‘black boxes’ reveal pilot’s ‘panicky voice’
Colleagues' emotional tributes to Ethiopian Airlines crash victim have 306 words, post on www.hulldailymail.co.uk at March 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.