The leaders of China, France, Germany and the EU were set to meet in Paris on Tuesday (26 March) for “unprecedented” talks on how to improve ties, despite growing jitters over Beijing’s massive investments in Europe. It comes ahead of an EU-China summit in Brussels next month and a day after Chinese President Xi Jinping signed an array of deals with France including a huge aircraft contract. Chinese President Xi Jinping and his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron are due to hold talks in Paris on Monday (25 March) with the host leader seeking to forge a united European front to contend with Beijing’s advances. At a glitzy state dinner on Monday evening French President Emmanuel Macron said he hoped to build a “new global governance” with China and would discuss this at the “unprecedented meeting with the German chancellor and the president of the European Commission”. “This is an important gesture that we are making now. It is testament to your deep attachment to China’s cooperation with Europe… and my desire to build a strong Europe,” he told Xi. German Chancellor Angela Merkel and EU Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker will join Xi and Macron at the Elysée Palace to explore… Read full this story
- EU leaders agree to keep borders open, want to limit travels
- Inter-party diplomacy helps China engage with world
- Xi Jinping congratulates Joe Biden on election win
- China warms up to Biden, asks him to bring ties back on track
- Time on China's side as world faces unprecedented turbulence: Xi
- Xi Jinping to address World Economic Forum
- Xi congratulates Kim on reelection as WPK leader
- China keeps promising its African allies that coronavirus vaccines for the continent are a priority. But where are they?
- COVID-19 pandemic far from over, bur winter cannot stop arrival of spring: Xi Jinping
- UK and EU reach deal on Northern Ireland as Government DROPS controversial law breaking Withdrawal Agreement in key step towards a final Brexit deal - but PM warns he WON'T cave in on sovereignty
China's Xi meets top EU leaders to strengthen ties have 329 words, post on www.euractiv.com at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.