Processing, packaging exhibition opens in Ho Chi Minh City The ProPak Vietnam 2019 attracts 540 exhibitors. (Photo: thegioitiepthi.vn) The 14th International Processing and Packaging Exhibition and Conference (ProPak Vietnam 2019) kicked off at the Saigon Exhibition and Convention Centre in Ho Chi Minh City on March 19. The three-day event attracts the participation of 540 exhibitors from 31 countries and territories, including first-timers such as Vietnam’s Dai Chinh Quang and Thien An Loc companies, China’s Beijing Omori Packing Machinery , and Sidel India. BT Tee, General Manager of UBM VES – the exhibition’s organiser, stated that the processing and packaging sector is facing several difficulties, including the overuse of plastics in production and the lack of orientations on environmental protection. Therefore, Propak 2019 wants to introduce new technologies that can solve these challenges. Paolo Lemma, Italian Trade Counselor in Vietnam, said that Propak Vietnam is one of the important annual events of Italian businesses in the Vietnamese market. Last year, Vietnam imported machines and equipment in this field worth 25.2 million EUR (28.6 million USD) from Italy, up 2.4 percent year-on-year. More than 20 Italian enterprises are taking part in Propak Vietnam 2019 to introduce their products and new technologies,… Read full this story
- News Briefs: Ohio county fair schedules set for 2019
- NATO, Scott Pruitt, Supreme Court: Your Tuesday Evening Briefing
- Thailand, Hong Kong, World Cup: Your Thursday Briefing
- Why only 20 percent of Nigerian startups survive
- South Africa: Duduzane Zuma in SA After Brief Detention to Confirm Identity
- The Week in Good News: Dogs Helping Bees, a Blind Dragon Boat Team, Benjamin Pavard
- Thai Rescue, Mike Pompeo, Trade War: Your Monday Briefing
- South Africa: SARS' Moyane to Brief Media Over Letter and 'Latest Developments'
- AP News in Brief 07-09-18
- Supreme Court, Brexit, Thailand: Your Monday Evening Briefing
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 20/3 have 281 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at March 19, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.