A Turkish Airlines passenger jet traveling from Istanbul to New York hit severe turbulence on Saturday (Mar 9) as it approached its destination, with 30 people suffering injuries before it landed safely, officials said. File photo of a Turkish Airlines flight. (Photo: AFP/Fabrice COFFRINI) The injured were taken from New York’s John F Kennedy International Airport to local hospitals, mainly for treatment of bumps, cuts and bruises. One flight attendant suffered a broken leg, according to Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which operates the area’s airports, bus terminals, bridges and tunnels. The Boeing 777 – which had 326 passengers and 21 crew on board – was over the Atlantic Ocean, about 45 minutes from landing, when it struck the turbulence, Coleman told AFP. Airport operations were not disrupted as a result of the incident, he added. Turkish Airlines did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Earlier in the day, a plane operated by Canada’s Air Transat made an emergency landing at another New York area airport – in Newark, New Jersey – after smoke was detected in the cargo hold, the company said. The Boeing 737-800, which had 189… Read full this story
- 'We aren't the latest kale salad': Peter Luger steakhouse hits back at New York Times zero-star review and says it DOES have the best steak in town after being eviscerated over 'scam' prices and rude service
- Girl, 12, seriously injured in hit and run crash that broke her bicycle in two
- Why Your Team Sucks 2019: New York Jets
- United Airlines Flight Attendants: Congenial Service Staff or Puppy Killers?
- New York's LaGuardia unveils new $3.9 billion Delta terminal
- New York's LaGuardia unveils new $3.9 billion terminal
- Amanda Holden props up her broken leg on a scooter as she strikes a glamorous pose in Heart Radio studios
- Delta Airlines Flight Attendants Say Uniforms Cause Rashes
- Uber Copter Flights Are Coming to New York City on July 9
- Katie Holmes and daughter Suri Cruise, 13, brave the New York heatwave as they hit the shops before hailing a cab in downtown Manhattan
Broken leg, cuts, bruises: 30 injured as turbulence hits Turkish Airlines flight to New York have 334 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.