TURNING Point UK is an offshoot of the American organisation Turning Point USA, but it has been criticised for being controversial. We explain what the organisation is, if Jacob Rees-Mogg supports it and why it is considered controversial. What is Turning Point UK? Turning Point UK is an organisation that shares goals with the American group with the same name, which has links to Donald Trump’s administration. It’s website describes itself as: “Turning Point UK is a grassroots organisation dedicated to educating students and other young people on the values of free markets, limited government and personal responsibility.” It says its mission is to defend its values against the “left-wing political climate” and “education system”. It adds it needs to defend itself from the “radical Labour Party which sympathises with terrorists”. Their four pillars are to educate, organise, campaign and debate on their values. George Farmer is the chairman and the son of former Conservative treasurer Lord Farmer. Farmer has been engaged Candace Owens, a Trump-supporting US YouTube commentator , since January 21, 2019. Other members of the group are Darren Grimes, founder of BeLeave and Brexit Central and Steve Edington, director of the Politics UK YouTube channel. What MPs… Read full this story
- Jacob Rees-Mogg firm advising top Canada marijuana market investor
- Vince Cable says Brexiteers like Jacob Rees-Mogg have an ‘erotic’ fixation with leaving the EU
- Brexit ruling: UK can cancel decision, EU court says
- UK PM May fights for survival as parliament plots Brexit Plan B
- Philip Hammond says Brexit will only mean ‘very modest’ changes to the UK’s relationship with the EU
- UK publishes Brexit plan that sparked rebellion
- UK PM survives confidence vote over Brexit deal
- Amid protests, UK lawmakers debate downgrading Trump visit
- UK says ‘legally binding changes’ to Brexit deal agreed with EU
- What next if UK MPs reject Brexit deal?
What is Turning Point UK, does Jacob Rees-Mogg support it and why are they controversial? have 299 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 4, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.