Kemar Roach (4-30) and Shannon Gabriel (3-45) were the chief destroyers as the tourists, who were skittled for 77 in Barbados en route to a thumping first-Test defeat, again endured a tough time of things with the bat. Seven of England’s 11 batsmen failed to make double figures and they were grateful to Jonny Bairstow (52), Moeen Ali (60) and Ben Foakes (35) for their roles in a recovery of sorts from 34 for three and 93 for six. 1 44297 Given the amount of variable bounce and seam movement in evidence on day one, Joe Root’s men may feel they have enough runs to be competitive, but Kraigg Brathwaite and John Campbell enhanced the Windies’ position with a gutsy and patient opening stand. England’s first-wicket pair were parted inside five overs after the hosts elected to bowl, Roach squaring up Rory Burns (4) with a beauty that induced an edge to Jason Holder at second slip. Joe Denly, making his Test debut at 32, failed to convince and made just six before departing in abysmal fashion, swishing wildly to feather an edge behind from Alzarri Joseph’s first ball, a dreadful loosener well outside off stump. Root then fell to… Read full this story
- West Indies players sanctioned for breaching isolation rules
- West Indies in New Zealand: Windies cricketers clear first Covid 19 test
- NZ name Conway, Young in strong A squad against West Indies
- IPL 2020: SRH vs MI, Match 56 Updates: Sandeep removes openers early after Warner chose to bowl first
- Mitchell Starc opens up on challenges of living in bio-bubbles
- IPL 2020: Virat Kohli disappoints in Eliminator, RCB skipper gets dismissed by Jason Holder as he opens innings
- PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Lily James is seen in public for the first time since scandal with married Dominic West as she breaks cover for dinner with long-time friend Dominic Cooper
- 10pm Arsenal news LIVE: Brenner transfer LATEST, Aubameyang ‘worst summer signing’, Gunners blew Bellingham deal
- On this day in sport: Jackie Robinson breaks down the colour barrier, Viv Richards makes history
- Soldier who sparked outrage with Extinction Rebellion protest on the Cenotaph calls Remembrance Day services at the memorial a 'little ritual'
West Indies claim opening-day honours on lively Antigua pitch have 343 words, post on www.mykhel.com at February 1, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.