WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump and border security (all times local): Photo: DoD / Photo: U.S. Customs and Border Protection / MGN 10:55 a.m. President Donald Trump says he’ll be declaring a national emergency so he can build a southern border wall. Trump did not say on Friday when he would make such a declaration, but the move will allow him to bypass Congress to spend more money to erect barriers on the U.S.-Mexico border. Congress has given Trump about $1.4 billion for border barriers, well below the $5.7 billion Trump has insisted he needed to build a wall. To get around Congress, Trump plans to use his executive authority to tap other sources of funding to get a total of $8 billion to build the wall. The White House says Trump plans to tap accounts in the Treasury and Defense departments, but not money earmarked for disaster relief. ___ 10:50 a.m. Add the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to the groups opposing a national emergency declaration by President Donald Trump to free up budget funds to build his Southwest border wall. The business organization’s stance is not a total surprise. It’s opposed Trump administration efforts to… Read full this story
- Winners and losers in Trump’s troop withdrawal from Syria
- Christopher Okigbo - Looking Back at His Short-lived Life and Taking Stock of His Poetic Legacy
- Reverend Wright? Reverend Wrong? An Obamanation? Or Loves Our Nation? You Decide!
- A Woman Traveling & Living Solo in a Van - Why?
- What the Bible Says About Truth and Reconciliation and its Application in Sierra Leone
- Home Sweet No-Sale Home - Positive Ways to Cope When the Economy Says Nope to Your Home Sale
- The Latest: Scottish party won't accept Brexit plans
- Dead Men Don't Talk!
- Sources Have Confirmed It - Chuck Norris to Take Over the US Government
WATCH LIVE: Pres. Trump says he'll declare national emergency for border wall have 306 words, post on www.wrdw.com at February 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.