Inscribed in 2008 on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity (originally proclaimed in 2003), Nha Nhac, meaning “elegant music” refers to a broad range of musical and dance styles performed at the Vietnamese royal court from the 15th to the mid-20th century. Nha Nhac was generally featured at the opening and closing of ceremonies associated with anniversaries, religious holidays, coronations, funerals and official receptions. Among the numerous musical genres that developed in Vietnam, only Nha Nhac can claim a nationwide scope and strong links with the traditions of other East Asian countries. Nha Nhac performances formerly featured numerous singers, dancers and musicians dressed in sumptuous costumes. Large-scale orchestras included a prominent drum section and many other types of percussion instruments as well as a variety of wind and string instruments. All performers had to maintain a high level of concentration since they were expected to follow each step of the ritual meticulously. Nha Nhac developed during the Le dynasty (1427-1788) and became highly institutionalized and codified under the Nguyen monarchs (1802-1945). As a symbol of the dynasty’s power and longevity, Nha Nhac became an essential part of the court’s ceremonies. However, the role of Nha Nhac… Read full this story
- France promises $30M to protect cultural heritage sites
- UNESCO recognizes Panama's hats -- no, not those ones
- UNESCO recognizes Panama's hats _ no, not those ones
- EU's Tusk says Europe should preserve its cultural heritage
- Bouquinistes of Paris Turn to UNESCO to Save Ancient Trade
- Japanese government to set up online cultural database
- MarCe Zerrate & Amor and Heritage
- Could other nations follow France's example and export their culture as a brand?
- Seattle named 2nd U.S. UNESCO City of Literature. What does that mean for Iowa City?
- Baseball Heritage Museum weekend programs focus on women, race
Vietnam’s UNESCO-recognized intangible cultural heritage have 294 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 16, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.