Two myths stand in the way of boards understanding the threats posed by cyber attacks and ensuring their businesses can be safe against cyber criminals and hackers.These misconceptions about cyber security were identified by Ciaran Martin, CEO of the National Cyber Security Centre – the cyber arm of GCHQ – who warned organisations: “There isn’t much of an excuse any longer for not knowing about security as a business risk”.First, too many organisations still believe that all cyber attacks are targeted, meaning that unless they’re specifically selected as the objective of a hacking campaign, they won’t fall victim. Second, some board level executives don’t engage with cyber security because they believe it too be too complicated – in some cases even being fearful of the complexities they perceive as being involved.Speaking at the European Information Security Summit in London, Martin warned there are still businesses which believe they will not be in the sights of cyber criminals, so aren’t at risk from suffering the negative effects of a cyber attack.”Tell that to the Western business leaders hit by NotPetya in the summer of 2017,” he said, referring to the malware campaign launched against Ukraine by Russia, which quickly spread around the world,… Read full this story
- Reasons You Should Consider A Career in Cyber Security
- Home Security System - A Step Beyond the Traditional Alarm System
- The Dark world of Cyber-Crime
- Twelve Key Questions You Need to Ask About Your Computer Security for Your Home or Business
- The True Nature of Web Application Security: The Role and Function of Black Box Scanners
- Hacker's Exploitation Of A CGI Script On My Site To Send Massive Spam Emails - Hard Lessons Learnt!
- Internet Security - Why It Is So Important
- Top Ten Ways To Secure Your Computer - And Keep It Running Smoothly
- The Need for Physical and IT Security Convergence
- Is Your Website Hackable? Why You Need To Worry
Two cyber security myths you need to forget right now, if you want to stop the hackers have 315 words, post on www.zdnet.com at February 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.