Hanoi (VNA) – Hundreds of trains and thousands of flights operated to serve passengers during the nine-day Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday, which lasted from February 2 – 10.
Specifically, as of February 10, 166 Thong Nhat trains ran on the longest route connecting the northern and southern regions, carrying a total of 334,500 passengers. The trains are run by the Vietnam Railways.
Between February 1 and 9, airports across Vietnam recorded 19,200 landings and takeoffs and served 2.82 million passengers, up 10.2 and 9 percent against the same period last year, respectively. They, meanwhile, handled 18,300 tonnes of cargos, an annual increase of 7.6 percent. Vietnamese airlines reportedly said their passenger throughput amounted to 1.34 million, up 5.7 percent year on year.
According to the Ministry of Public Security, the nine-day holiday saw 276 accidents which claimed 183 lives and injured 241 others, with no waterway accidents recorded. The average fatalities reached 20 per day, down 28 percent annually.-VNA
- Who Else Wants Outdoor Swing Sets?
- 3 Person Patio Swings Are the Coolest Outdoor Furniture That Are Dying to Be Tried Out
- The Power of Core-Breathing For Golf and Womens' Golf Swing
- Summer Activities For Children and Children With Special Needs
- Swing Set Fitness - A Fresh Approach To Total Body Conditioning
- Learn How to Swing a Golf Club
- Learn the 4 Keys to a Better Golf Swing Plane
- The History of St. Louis Imperial Swing Dancing
- Understanding the Baseball Swing
- Simple Golf Swing - Learn to Golf Swing Like a Pro