Party General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong and President of Argentina Mauricio Macri inpsect the Guard of Honor at the Presidential Palace in Ha Noi on February 20, 2019. Photo: VGP
Trong reiterates Viet Nam expects to further consolidate the comprehensive partnership with Argentina, especially in such fields like economy, trade and investment.
He took the occasion to congratulate the Latin American country on its recent development achievement, extending sincere thanks to the Government and people of Argentina for their solidarity and valuable support for Viet Nam during the past struggle for national liberation and the current national construction cause.
President Mauricio Macri expressed his admiration for Viet Nam’s history, highly valuing the country’s reform achievements over the past three decades.
Argentina is determined to further expand and deepen the friendship and cooperation with Viet Nam for national development in each country, Mauricio Macri pledged.
The two leaders discussed ways to enrich the contents of bilateral cooperation as well as regional and international issues of common concerns.
They agreed to work toward establishment of strategic partnership between the two countries, maintain high-level contacts, and foster delegation exchanges at all levels while promoting the effectiveness of their bilateral cooperation mechanisms, including the Inter-governmental Committee and political consultations between the two foreign ministries.
The pair also vowed to strengthen and diversify trade exchanges and agreed to mull over the talks on a free trade deal between Viet Nam and MERCOSUR countries.
They agreed to foster coordination and mutual support at international organizations and multilateral forums, particularly the United Nations, the World Trade Organizations, South-South cooperation.
Regarding regional and international situation, the two sides shared the view that territorial disputes must be settled through peaceful measures with respect to international law.
The same day, the two leaders witnessed the signing ceremony of cooperative documents between the two countries, including a program on cultural exchanges for 2019-2023 period.
- Secretary of State Kerry to meet with Russian counterpart to discuss Ukraine flap
- Ohio State president Gordon Gee rips Notre Dame Catholics, SEC in newly surfaced recording
- Former Wayne State president David Adamany led growth at university
- Graham Spanier’s lawyers blast Freeh report as 'myth', deny former Penn State president covered up Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse
- Ex-Penn State president Graham Spanier rips Freeh report for errors, reveals that he experienced ‘persistent abuse as a child’
- Penn State president Rodney Erickson says university has insurance to cover Jerry Sandusky-related lawsuits
- Former Penn State president Graham Spanier charged with obstruction of justice, perjury and endangering the welfare of a child
- Former Penn State president Graham Spanier arraigned on charges he concealed child sex abuse allegations against Jerry Sandusky
- Prosecutors seek jail time for ex-Penn State president Graham Spanier
- Lawyers for Graham Spanier, former Penn State president ousted after Jerry Sandusky scandal, plan to rebut Freeh report