LOS ANGELES — Kevin Smith woke up overwhelmed on Wednesday morning. The filmmaker was somewhat nervous about hosting the evening’s tribute to the late Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee.“I’m honored to send the old man off in this way, and all I have to do is not cry as profusely as I know I’m going to,” he told The Times shortly before the ceremony at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles.“He was into the glitz and glamour, so he would’ve loved this,” continued Smith. “It wasn’t about fame for the guy, but mainstream acceptance for what he did, because for years, decades, he didn’t think what he was making was good enough. This is what he’s waited for his whole life, and mercifully, he got it.”Smith did have to hold back his tears when he recalled how he first met Lee by pitching his idol a role in the 1995 film “Mallrats,” and how he still couldn’t believe that they became true friends for the 25 years to follow.“There was never a moment when I was disappointed by the humanity of Stan Lee,” Smith told fans while standing near Lee’s signature in concrete at the Hollywood landmark. “By inventing… Read full this story
- Kevin Smith, Warner Bros. and Other SDCC Day 3 Highlights
- Queen Elizabeth II Marks 92 With Star-Studded Concert
- NTAs 2019: Holly Willoughby wows in semi-sheer polka dot ballgown as she joins a glamorous Susanna Reid and Michelle Keegan on the star-studded red carpet
- Oprah Winfrey to lend her star power to Democrat Stacey Abrams' quest to become Georgia's governor
- Kansas congressional race attracts national spotlight. But who is the star?
- Trump-basher Mark Sanford's defeat a big lesson for GOP candidates as Democrats' path to glory narrows
- Why Donald Trump is on the 'wrong side of history’
- NTAs 2019: Michelle Keegan looks a little worse for wear as she leads the bleary-eyed exits from the awards show after-party alongside Holly Willoughby
- Montana Brown looks healthy in a skimpy jumpsuit at Missguided bash... after displaying alarming weight loss following Bear Grylls' Celebrity Island
- A look at baseball’s greatest teams – one for each franchise
Stan Lee saluted at star-studded tribute featuring Mark Hamill and Kevin Smith: See photos have 355 words, post on www.cleveland.com at February 1, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.