The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on Monday asked a judge to hold Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk in contempt, saying he violated an agreement with the agency by posting an “inaccurate” tweet earlier this month. The SEC said the tweet Musk published earlier this month about the number of cars Tesla planned to produce in 2019 violated a settlement he reached last year with the agency, the Los Angeles Times reported. ADVERTISEMENT “On February 19, 2019, Musk tweeted, ‘Tesla made 0 cars in 2011, but will make around 500k in 2019,’” the SEC reportedly said in the filing. “Musk did not seek or receive pre-approval prior to publishing this tweet, which was inaccurate and disseminated to over 24 million people. Musk has thus violated the Court’s Final Judgment by engaging in the very conduct that the preapproval provision of the Final Judgment was designed to prevent.” Tesla made 0 cars in 2011, but will make around 500k in 2019— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 20, 2019 Musk reached a settlement with the SEC last year after the agency brought fraud charges against him over a tweet he published stating that he planned to take Tesla private at $420 per share, saying that he had secured… Read full this story
- Of course Apple is making a car, says Elon Musk
- Pablo Escobar's brother Roberto vows to 'take down' Elon Musk as he sues him for £77m over claims he 'stole' his idea for a 'novelty' flamethrower
- Elon Musk's SpaceX could soon be $5 billion more valuable
- Elon Musk to SEC: You Can't Make Me Never Tweet
- Elon Musk's Boring Company wants to charge $1 for a 150-mph Loop ride in LA
- Elon Musk’s Eight Most Outrageous Ideas
- Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack
- Elon Musk’s ‘real big change’ prediction for technology advancement by 2035 revealed
- Elon Musk: I got 'government approval' for New York-DC Hyperloop. Officials: no he didn't
- Woz: 'I don't believe anything Elon Musk or Tesla says'
SEC says Elon Musk should be held in contempt have 314 words, post on thehill.com at February 25, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.