Vladimir Putin told Russian media that the country doesn’t want another Cuban Missile Crisis, but “welcomes” it if “someone wants that” (Alexei Nikolsky, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP) Vladimir Putin has warned that he’s ready for another Cuban Missile Crisis if America should invite it, as tensions between the U.S. and Russia continue to escalate. “They (the tensions) are not a reason to ratchet up confrontation to the levels of the Cuban Missile Crisis in the 1960s. In any case that’s not what we want,” Putin reportedly told Russian media late on Wednesday. “If someone wants that, well OK they are welcome. I have set out today what that would mean. Let them count (the missile flight times).” The statement serves to support the claims Putin made during his state of the union address earlier on Wednesday that Russia would aim hypersonic missiles at the United States if we were to deploy intermediate-range missiles in Europe. Of his own admission, tensions have not yet reached the chaos of the Cuban Missile Crisis, but Putin doesn’t appear to be shying away from the potential of a new international clash. The Cuban Missile Crisis was a nerve-wracking 13-day standoff between the United… Read full this story
- Putin says Russia, US to launch nuclear arms control talks
- Biden must be firm, but measured, in his message to Putin on cyber attacks
- Why Vladimir Putin Wants A Deal to Prevent 'Cyber Pearl Harbor' From Pulling Joe Biden Into War
- U.S. Ends Cold War Missile Treaty, With Aim of Countering China
- What's on the agenda as Biden and Putin meet in Geneva?
- Biden-Putin summit: US demands a stop to Russian cyber attacks on critical infrastructure
- Biden-Putin meeting a chance for NATO to re-establish military-to-military communication
- The Biden-Putin Summit: ‘This Is Not About Trust’
- WW3 crisis: Russian Navy carries out war games on same day Kremlin intercepts US spy plane
- Everything We Know About Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin Meeting
Putin says Russia would be 'OK' with another Cuban Missile Crisis-level confrontation with the US have 324 words, post on www.foxnews.com at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.