CA Senator Kamala Harris and Former GA Minority Leader Stacey Abrams to Address Gathering NEW ORLEANS – Building on the historic success of the 2018 Power Rising Summit, Black women will reconvene in New Orleans, Louisiana from February 22nd – 24th, 2019. Last year’s summit brought together Black women across ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, socio- economic status, and gender experience. This year’s summit comes on the heels of a historic and transformative election in which Black women led the effort to elect the most diverse and female Congress in our nation’s history with more than 20 black women serving in Congress for the first time ever. The summit is excited to announce two inspiring speakers this year, women who have been leading efforts to improve the lives of Black women and all women in this country, Senator Kamala Harris (D- CA) and Former Georgia Minority Leader and Founder and Chair of Fair Fight Action Stacey Abrams. The 2019 Power Rising Summit will also feature speakers across various industries including author, educator, and commentator, Melissa Harris-Perry, Congresswoman Karen Bass, Beverly E. Smith, President, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Linda Goler Blount, MPH, President & CEO of Black Women’s Health… Read full this story
- AMC fires three employees who 'racially profiled a group of black women during showing of Harriet when they wrongly accused them of being in the incorrect seats at movie theater'
- Tracee Ellis Ross praises 'black women owning our legacies' as she wins NAACP Image Award for Black-ish
- Drew Brees confirms intention to come back to New Orleans Saints for 2020
- Bay Area sports calendar, Feb. 23-24
- NBA Game Forecasts, Picks and Previews with Projected Scoreboard for Feb 22
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans area Business Honors for Feb. 16, 2020
- Woman Killed After Being Run Over by Mardi Gras Float in New Orleans
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans People in Business for Feb. 23, 2020
- Louisiana Braces for Possible Hurricane After Floods Strike New Orleans: 'Water Was Everywhere'
- NBA DFS: Bam Adebayo and best FanDuel, DraftKings daily Fantasy basketball picks for Feb. 22, 2020
“Power Rising” 2019 Summit for Black Women To Reconvene in New Orleans Feb. 22-24 have 333 words, post on www.afro.com at February 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.