This 2009 photo released by CBS shows Bill Owens, who was named executive producer of “60 Minutes,” on Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019. (Heinz Kluetmeier/CBS via AP) PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Incoming CBS News president Susan Zirinsky opted for continuity on television’s most popular news program, appointing Bill Owens as executive producer of “60 Minutes” on Wednesday. Owens has been executive editor at “60 Minutes” since 2008, and has been running it on an interim basis since his predecessor Jeff Fager was fired in September for sending a threatening text message to a colleague writing a story about him. Zirinsky says Owens is “steeped in the storytelling style audiences have come to expect from “60 Minutes.”It was the first big appointment for Zirinsky, another CBS veteran. She was named news president last month to replace the outgoing David Rhodes. Owens is only the third top producer at “60 Minutes,” which first aired in 1968 with the show’s inventor, Don Hewitt, at the helm. Fager replaced him, but was under investigation last summer amid a report that he groped women at parties and tolerated an abusive workplace. That investigation hadn’t been resolved when Fager was fired for threatening a fellow CBS reporter… Read full this story
- CBS, ’60 Minutes’ Continue To Defend Segment On DeSantis With Lengthy Statement, Declares The ‘Story … Speaks For Itself’
- Jeff Fager Out At CBS News And ‘60 Minutes’
- ‘60 Minutes’ & ‘48 Hours’ Renewed By CBS
- Transgender: ‘60 Minutes’ Draws Fire from Left for Highlighting ‘Detransitioners’
- ‘CBS Evening News’ Reveals Threatening Text ’60 Minutes’ EP Jeff Fager Sent Reporter That Got Him Sacked
- ‘Jeopardy!’ Welcomes New Guest Host: ’60 Minutes’ Correspondent Bill Whitaker
- DOJ Prosecutor Michael Sherwin Will Avoid Disciplinary Action For '60 Minutes' Interview
- China Acting 'More Aggressively Abroad,' Blinken Tells '60 Minutes'
- ’60 Minutes” Bill Whitaker To Debut As ‘Jeopardy!’ Guest Host
- The Broncos will have a new coach, captain and chief executive as they start to rebuild in 2021
Owens named chief executive behind CBS' '60 Minutes' have 306 words, post on apnews.com at February 6, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.