World Donald Trump Kim Jong Un International Affairs North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong Un brought with him an entourage of top aides as he traveled some 2,000 miles by armored train to Vietnam, where some of his secretive nation’s top players would be present during negotiations with President Donald Trump. Most observers agree that Kim Jong Un’s power stands unquestioned in the elusive workings of the rigid North Korean government, but his leadership has been built upon the absolute loyalty of a sometimes shifting cadre of officials who have been tasked with various political and diplomatic roles in Pyongyang. Now an even smaller elite grouping has accompanied their young supreme leader on a rare excursion that will likely prove to be one of the pivotal moments of his tenure. Among the most notable confirmed appearances were Korean Workers’ Party Central Committee Vice Chairman Kim Yong Chol, envoy to U.S. nuclear negotiations Kim Hyok Chol, State Affairs Commission Chief Secretary Kim Chang Son and Korean Workers’ Party Propaganda and Agitation Department Deputy Director Kim Yo Jong. Effectively, Kim Jong Un was accompanied by his most trusted aide, a new U.S. envoy, his chief of staff and his sister, who has been described as, not… Read full this story
- Political transitions in South Korea and Washington give Kim Jong Un opening
- In patriarchal North Korea, a new decision maker: Kim Jong Un's sister
- North Korea: We won’t soften stance toward South Korea under Kim Jong Un
- Judge Jeanine: Trump Is Right to Get Tough With 'Bully' Kim Jong Un
- Would President Trump go to Kim Jong Un's house or would the dictator come here or ...?
- Sarah Sanders on Kim Jong Un's 'Rocket Man' Nickname: 'A President Trump Original'
- North Korea’s Kim Jong Un earns raves as he meets with South Korean delegation
- North Korea names late dictator's young son Kim Jong Un 'Supreme Commander'
- North Korea accuses CIA of 'vicious plot' to kill leader Kim Jong Un
- Kim Jong Un adds new title at top of North Korea’s Workers’ Party as he solidifies power
North Korea’s Top Men and Women: Meet Kim Jong Un’s Sister and Other Aides at Donald Trump Summit in Vietnam have 341 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 26, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.