MANILA – Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio on Wednesday said the senatorial bets under her regional party Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HNP) are willing to debate issues, after opposition bets called them out for failing to appear in debates. Duterte-Carpio said Hugpong bets are actually “active” in attending debates and “willing” to engage in future ones. “Wiling naman ang mga senators. In fact, they are active sa mga debates ng mga media outlets. Sumasali sila,” she told reporters at the sidelines of the HNP sortie in Cabanatuan City. (The senatorial candidates are willing to debate. In fact they are active in the debates hosted by media outlets. They join.) Election lawyer Romulo Macalintal, one of the bets from opposition slate Otso Diretso, dared administration candidates to face them in debates. “Ang problema magkakaroon ng forum, debates pero ‘yung mga bumabatikos sa’min hindi naman humaharap sa debate,” Macalintal told reporters in a forum. (The problem is there will be a forum, debates, but the ones criticizing us cannot face us in the debates.) “We are challenging the administration slate to a debate any time, anywhere, kahit ano’ng format, kahit ‘fast talk‘ pa (whatever the format, even a ‘fast talk’ type,” said Otso… Read full this story
- Boxer Billy 'the Kid' Dib finds love again with a vegan baker nine months after the tragic death of his wife... whose photo he will always keep close
- Hunt's last chance to beat Boris: Allies say tonight's Tory leadership head-to-head debate on ITV is Jeremy's 'final shot' and blast Johnson’s ‘bluster’ saying UK ‘needs a leader not a newspaper columnist’ to tackle Brexit
- Jeremy Corbyn refuses FOUR times to apologise to British Jews as he says Chief Rabbi was WRONG about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party during a pre-election grilling by Andrew Neil
- Who won the town hall debate?
- 9 New Dynamics Campaigns Are Expecting in the Second Democratic Debates
- How The Rest Of The World Caught Up To Tegan And Sara
- BET Founder Doubts Democrats Can Win In 2020: 'I Don't Think That Group Is Capable of Beating Trump'
- Harris takes fresh aim at Biden's debate remarks on busing, calls them 'revisionist history'
- ‘Daily Show With Trevor Noah’ To Go Live On Next Dem Debate Night
- Latest General Election polls and odds – who will win in 2019?
News Hugpong bets willing to engage opponents in debates, says Sara have 374 words, post on news.abs-cbn.com at February 20, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.