Netflix has cancelled its remaining Marvel shows The Punisher and Jessica Jones as rival Disney prepares to launch its own streaming service.In a letter to fans announcing the news, Head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb hinted that the company was not finished with the characters.He said: “Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters… but you know Marvel better than that.”Marvel’s parent company, Disney, is preparing to launch a streaming service to rival Netflix, with Disney+ set to arrive later this year.Netflix has already cancelled Marvel shows Daredevil, Iron Fist and Luke Cage in the last few months.The third and final season of Jessica Jones, which stars Krysten Ritter in the title role, will arrive on Netflix later this year.US actress Ritter said the role had been “a dream”.The Punisher’s second season debuted in January. Jon Benthal, who plays vigilante Frank Castle, said on Instagram it had been “an honour to walk in his boots”.Netflix told Deadline: “We are grateful to Marvel for five years of our fruitful partnership and thank the passionate fans who have followed these series from the beginning.”Media giant Disney, which as well as Marvel also owns Pixar and 21st Century Fox, boasts… Read full this story
- Jessica Jones director S.J. Clarkson is set to RETURN to Marvel for a female-centric Sony film... after her ill-fated Star Trek flick was shelved indefinitely
- New Marvel Show Teased by ABC Entertainment President
- Agent Carter Fans Petition Netflix to Save the Show
- Don't Expect the Defenders to Show Up in 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Sony to work with veteran writer Marc Guggenheim to build new female superhero for Marvel in project titled Jackpot ... after green-lighting separate project with same goal in mind
- New Marvel movie in the works as Sony hires S.J. Clarkson to direct upcoming adventure
- Everything you need to know about Netflix’s Criminal, from who it stars to when it starts
- ‘Anatomy Of A Scandal’: David E. Kelley, Melissa James Gibson Team For Netflix Anthology Series Based On Sarah Vaughan Novel
- 7 'Mad Men' Episodes to Watch Before It Leaves Netflix In June
- From Normal People to Meghan Markle’s raunchy sex scene in Suits — the top 10 TV shows that set your pulses racing
Netflix cancels its remaining Marvel shows The Punisher and Jessica Jones have 383 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at February 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.