U.S. militaryThe young Marine’s mother rehearses the medical timeline in her mind, over and over. “He dies every day…I’m just replaying the build-up,” Lynda Kiernan, 50, told Newsweek in January. “I know exactly what happened each day, building up to February 5th, so I know what Beck was going through today and I know what he will be going through tomorrow.”“I know how he was suffering, I know how god-awful sick he was, and how alone he was, and I know how he was still pushing and what February 1st means and what February 2nd means and 4th…and it’s really hard.”One year ago this month, on February 5, 2018, Private First Class W. Becket Kiernan, a newly minted U.S. Marine training to become a field radio operator, died at Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs, California, an hour and 10-minute drive south of Twentynine Palms.A Newsweek investigation over the past seven months examined detailed medical notes, obtained official Defense Department memos and letters, and interviewed both current and former U.S. military sources stationed at the Marine base at Twentynine Palms to reconstruct the last days and hours of Becket Kiernan’s life. Newsweek attempted to contact those mentioned by name in… Read full this story
- This Is What Happens to Your Body After You Die
- 'An £11 test could have saved our babies': Grieving mothers urge the Government to screen pregnant women for little-known bacteria that kills one newborn a WEEK
- 'We are not interested in justice without change': Sons of journalist killed in Malta car bomb refuse to endorse government's million euro reward and call for PM to resign
- Marine accused of murdering Taliban fighter in incident that saw Sergeant Alexander Blackman jailed for the killing reveals his identity as he tells how he was nearly driven to suicide
- America First! Defiant Trump posts simple two-word tweet after refusing to sanction Saudi Arabia and its crown prince over Jamal Khashoggi's death, insisting he will not risk losing 'hundreds of billions of dollars to Russia and China'
- Car bomb used to kill anti-corruption journalist in Malta was detonated remotely with a mobile phone, investigators reveal
- Boy, 11, died of sepsis after hurting his ankle dancing and doctors sent him home with paracetamol
- Devastated mother reveals her husband had to stop her going to the cemetery with a spade to dig up their baby boy who died from sepsis
- Heartbroken teenager leads mourners at funeral of stepfather she saw gored to death by an elephant on Thai paradise island
- New documentary reveals the contradictory life of closeted gay homophobe lawyer Roy Cohn, who taught Donald Trump and Roger Stone 'the rules of war' by day and partied at Studio 54 by night - before his death from AIDS complications
Marine's Death From Flesh-Eating Bacteria Revealed Military Failures, Thanks to Mother Refusing to Let Son Die in Vain have 455 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.