Ankara emphasized that the Manbij road map reached between Turkey and the U.S. is an exemplary agreement for Washington and a model for it to cease its cooperation with the PKK terrorist group’s Syrian affiliate People’s Protection Units (YPG). “The sticking point between us and the U.S. is [their] choice of allies. Because this ally is the YPG, an extension of the PKK terrorist organization, which caused the deaths of thousands of people and poses a national security threat for Turkey,” Deputy Foreign Minister Sedat Önal said Thursday at an event organized by the Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research (SETA). In order to prevent the PKK and its extensions from tightening its grip in northeast Syria and disrupting peace efforts in the region, Turkey aims to accelerate the Manbij process that was launched in June with the U.S. As part of the deal, Turkey and the U.S. agreed to work on the withdrawal of the YPG from Manbij. The aim of the Manbij deal is to ensure security and stability in the province by eliminating YPG terrorists who currently control the region in northern Syria and ultimately handing the administration of the province to a body consisting of… Read full this story
- The best Cyber Week gaming chair deals for 2020
- Black Friday TV deals 2020: big savings on Samsung, Philips, Sony, Toshiba and more HD TVs now
- Execution of murderer Dustin Higgs was ‘rushed through as part of cost-saving deal with a mystery killing squad who killed three inmates on death row in a week’
- How should Biden respond to the EU-China deal?
- An agreement that was called a deal
- India calls for greater cooperation to eliminate terrorism in all its forms
- The best cheap Dell laptop deals for January 2021
- Best iPhone 11 deals for January 2021: iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- Vietnam-Germany joint committee on economic cooperation holds first meeting
- Best Black Friday gaming chair deals 2020: AKRacing and GT Omega
Manbij deal model for US to end its cooperation with YPG have 320 words, post on www.dailysabah.com at February 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.