advertisement advertisement advertisement In 2011 I left my job as the second employee at Pinterest–before I vested any of my stock–to work on what I thought would be my life's work. advertisement advertisement Just had an idea for my first billion-dollar company. Tomorrow, I start building it. — Sahil Lavingia (@shl) April 2, 2011 Gumroad would buld become a billion-dollar company, with hundreds of employees. It would IPO, and I would work on it until I died. Something like that. That didn't happen. advertisement advertisement Now, it may look like I am in an enviable position, running a profitable, growing, and low-maintenance software business with customers who adore us. But for years, I considered myself a failure. At my lowest point, I had to lay off 75% of my company, including many of my best friends. I had failed. I no longer feel shame in the path I took to get to where I am today. It took me years to realize that I was misguided from the outset. This is that journey, from the beginning. A weekend project turned VC-backed startup The idea behind Gumroad was simple: Creators and others should be able to sell their products directly to… Read full this story
- Bushfires in southern New South Wales spark race against time to save billion-dollar timber industry
- Drew and Jonathan Scott Reportedly Made Half a Billion Dollars Last Year
- Will invite Turkey to join multi-billion dollar CPEC projects: PM Imran
- Michael Avenatti heads to trial for allegedly trying to extort millions of dollars from Nike
- Here’s a Biden 2020 Strategy: Stay Home, Joe!
- The Hundreds Co-Founder Calls 'Built to Fail' Doc "Greatest Streetwear Collaboration of All Time"
- Mary Barra Is Remaking GM’s Culture—And The Company Itself
- How Can It Take 15 Years and $32 Million to Build a Neighborhood Library?
- UK gives Huawei green light to help build 5G network
- Scrapping HS2 will cost £12 BILLION: Huge bill revealed as Government-owned firm behind rail project is accused of trying to 'con' Boris Johnson into giving it the green light
I tried to build a billion-dollar company. Here’s why I’m glad I failed miserably have 335 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.