The UK’s housing market is changing. People are renting for longer and buying their first home later.Some buy-to-let investors are pulling out, blaming a greater burden of tax, while some potential home movers are staying put amid an uncertain economic and political climate.It means some assumptions about housing costs may no longer be true. Here are five things you may not know about.1. First-time buyers are the most likely to buy a homeHave you heard about all those young professionals who want to buy their first home but are priced out of the market?While it is tough for many to save enough for a deposit and to pass strict mortgage availability tests, plenty are still climbing on to the housing ladder.In fact, there were more homes bought with a mortgage by first-time buyers in 2018 than existing owners with mortgages moving to a new home. The same is expected in 2019.This is the result, in part, of a variety of government schemes aimed at helping this group buy a property, an improving outlook for jobs, and competition among lenders. Richard Donnell, research director at Zoopla, who compiled the figures, said first-time buyer numbers were rising most in regional housing markets… Read full this story
- Kamala Harris TV appearance in West Virginia surprises Manchin: 'That's not working together'
- HBO Max: price, movies, the Snyder Cut and more explained
- Off-road, off-grid: the modern nomads wandering America's back country
- Proud of vaccine success, Warp Speed’s ex–science head talks politics, presidents, and future pandemics
- Was Robert Maxwell murdered? That's what daughter Ghislaine has always believed but Rupert Murdoch is convinced he killed himself. JOHN PRESTON casts new light on mystery
- Joe Biden reverses Trump ban on transgender people in military
- In the Most Competitive Oscar Season Ever, Bloggers Are Keeping Score
- Independent auditors are struggling to hold AI companies accountable
- Republican extremists could doom party to endless defeats
- How 300,000 Brits are hooked on gambling while firms rake in £14.3billion a year - as it emerges Scarlett Moffatt's mother 'took of tens of thousands from her to fund her habit'
Housing costs: Five surprises explained have 342 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at February 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.