KYIV – Ongoing efforts to overhaul the country’s defective and corrupt health-care system took a serious blow on February 5 when a Kyiv administrative circuit court issued an injunction that barred its chief implementer – Dr. Ulana Suprun – from performing her duties as acting health minister of Ukraine. From the outset of her appointment on July 27, 2016, the Ukrainian American physician has stepped on the toes of deeply entrenched corruption interests. Their actions of theft and graft have created a system that has failed to meet the most basic needs of patients in a country where the privileged seek medical care abroad. A remnant of the USSR’s failed promises, every Ukrainian citizen is constitutionally entitled to free medical care, but that never was a reality before or after independence. For example, patients grew accustomed to paying for syringes and X-ray film, vaccines for children and cancer treatment. Dr. Suprun’s approach to ensure that “money follows the patient,” modeled after Great Britain’s health-care system, among other quality-care improvements, came to a temporary end when Justice Serhiy Karakashyan ruled in favor of the plaintiff, populist lawmaker Ihor Mosiychuk of the Radical Party, who has repeatedly challenged the legality of Dr…. Read full this story
- Mystery Case Files - MillionHeir by Nintendo DS - A Video Game Review
- Health Reform Has a History of Failure
- Bankruptcy Court Case Facts That You Must Know
- Does Obama Really 'Get It' For Health Reform?
- Kennedy Health Reform - 3 Things to Consider Before Giving Your Support
- How Important Are Breathalyzers in DUI Court Cases?
- My Year Of Flops Case File # 82
- How to Reduce the 3.56 Crore Pending Cases in India
- Reputation Risks For Pharma Companies on the Internet
- Bullied judge wins landmark whistleblowing case in UK Supreme Court
Health reform champion Suprun suspended due to court case filed by populist lawmaker have 284 words, post on www.ukrweekly.com at February 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.