The information was released at a meeting between the People’s Committee of Hanoi and departments, agencies and localities engaging in the preparation work on February 24.
At the meeting, Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung said that each resident of the city should become an ambassador to promote the images of a friendly and hospitable Hanoi – the City for Peace.
|Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung addresses the meeting.|
The summit is a chance for Hanoi to deliver a message that Vietnam is developing and integrating and is an ideal destination for international visitors, he said.
Chung asked relevant agencies to review their part in preparations to ensure the best conditions for the summit.
The city leader underscored the comprehensive measures to ensure security for the event with the target of protecting the utmost safety for the summit.
Hanoi will give more space for media agencies to air stories related to the event, he added.
Earlier the same day, Chung and Deputy Minister of Public Security Bui Van Nam visited the International Media Center to inspect final preparations.
- Hanoi police work to ensure security for DPRK-USA summit
- Japanese expert predicts outcomes from second DPRK-USA Summit
- Int’l media centre for 2nd DPRK-USA Summit in pictures
- Int’l media centre for 2nd DPRK-USA Summit inaugurated
- Vietnam ready to provide best conditions for DPRK-USA Summit
- Hanoi police ready to maintain security for DPRK-USA summit
- Spontaneous decisions likely to be made at DPRK-USA Hanoi Summit
- Media in race for latest news on DPRK-USA Hanoi Summit
- Hanoi ready for second DPRK-USA Summit
- PM: Vietnam willing to foster win-win cooperation with DPRK