Donald Trump has met Kim Jong-un for the second time at a summit in Vietnam, shaking hands and praising North Korea’s “unlimited” economic potential. The American and North Korean leaders greeted each other before a backdrop of their countries’ interwoven flags at a luxury hotel in Hanoi, the Vietnam capital. The pair shook hands for around 10 seconds, with Mr Trump patting Kim on the back before the men shared a laugh as they posed for photographs. In opening remarks before a one-on-one conversation due to last for 20 minutes, Mr Trump talked up the possibilities for growth and development in North Korea. “I think that your country has tremendous economic potential, unbelievable, unlimited,” Mr Trump told Kim. “And I think that you will have a tremendous future with your country, a great leader.” He added: “I look forward to watching it happen and helping it to happen. And we will help it to happen.” Asked by a reporter if the pair might formally end the Korean War during their two-day summit, Mr Trump responded: “We’ll see.” Kim said he was “confident of achieving the great results that everyone will welcome”. The leaders are scheduled to have an intimate dinner for six,… Read full this story
- Trump Says Kim Jong Un 'Tells Me Everything,' Shared Story About Having His Uncle Killed, Woodward Book Reveals
- The battle of Kim Jong-un's women: North Korean leader's pop-star ex – who had a hit with Excellent Horse-Like Lady - may have usurped the leader's sister in the power stakes as his wife steps aside
- North Korea and U.S. Nuclear Crisis 'Getting Too Dangerous,' China Warns Trump and Kim Jong Un
- North Korea military parade will 'send a message' to the world
- North Korea massive military parade will 'send a message' to the world
- Kim Jong Un Suckered Trump With a Fake De-Nuke ‘Breakthrough’
- Trump Can't Handle North Korea Responsibly, Majority Say in New Poll
- Donald Trump calls John Bolton 'such a jerk' for criticizing the president's 'love letters' with Kim Jong Un - days after Bolton said Trump was 'despicable' for Atlantic article that said he referred to American war dead as 'suckers' and 'losers'
- Flirtatious Kim Jong-un 'hit on' senior Donald Trump female staffer at summit
- A Weeping Kim Jong Un May Hand Donald Trump an Unexpected Pre-Election Diplomatic Triumph
Donald Trump meets Kim Jong-un at Vietnam summit and praises North Korea's 'unlimited' potential have 381 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.