NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The controversial Amazon deal is dead, taking with it the 25,000 jobs promised for its proposed headquarters in Long Island City. The internet giant issued a statement on Thursday saying it will not pursue a second headquarters in Long Island City, and has no plans to look elsewhere. “After much thought and deliberation, we’ve decided not to move forward with our plans to build a headquarters for Amazon in Long Island City, Queens,” read the statement. “For Amazon, the commitment to build a new headquarters requires positive, collaborative relationships with state and local elected officials who will be supportive over the long-term. READ: Amazon’s Full Statement On Backing Out Of The New York City Headquarters Plan The deal was also expected to provide $30 billion in tax revenue after nearly $3 billion in promised tax breaks to one of world’s richest, most powerful companies. Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the development could help offset funding needed to fix the city’s ailing transit system. In November, Amazon chose the Long Island City section of Queens for one of two new headquarters, with the other in northern Virginia. The company had planned to spend about $2.5 billion building the New… Read full this story
- Here’s how politicians and tech execs are reacting to the surprise news of Amazon pulling HQ2 from New York City
- Amazon was having official talks with city officials just the day before it canceled the New York HQ2
- Amazon reportedly considers scrapping New York City HQ2
- ‘I’d choose mass transit over helipads any day’: Key Amazon opponent on New York’s city council speaks out on HQ2 cancellation
- Opposition to Amazon HQ2 in Virginia is growing louder in the wake of its New York City defeat
- Report: Amazon Returning to New York City After HQ2 Fiasco
- An angry landlord is leading calls for an Amazon boycott after the company canceled its HQ2 plans for New York City
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo takes revenge on the state board accused of imperiling Amazon’s New York City headquarters
- Activists say Alphabet’s planned neighborhood in Toronto shows all the warning signs of Amazon HQ2-style breakup
- Is New York Losing 25,000 Jobs After Amazon Cancels HQ2?
Amazon Pulls Out Of HQ2 Deal With New York City have 363 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at February 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.