California Senator Kamala Harris has announced she is running for president in 2020, adding her name to a growing list of democratic hopefuls seeking the party’s nomination. Ms Harris, the former attorney general of California, announced her bid on ABC’s Good Morning America, where she called on her supporters to work with her to “claim our future”. The network announcement was paired with the release of a video on her social media accounts that teased her official announcement in Oakland next week, the city she was born in. Join Independent Minds For exclusive articles, events and an advertising-free read for just £5.99 €6.99 $9.99 a month Start your free trial Get the best of The Independent With an Independent Minds subscription for just £5.99 €6.99 $9.99 a month Start your free trial Get the best of The Independent Without the ads – for just £5.99 €6.99 $9.99 a month Start your free trial “Justice. Decency. Equality. Freedom. Democracy. These aren’t just words. They’re the values we as Americans cherish. And they’re all on the line now,” Ms Harris said in the video. “The future of our country depends on you and millions of others lifting our voices to fight for… Read full this story
- Kamala Harris closes campaign offices and fires staff in New Hampshire
- Why Wait? Democrats Openly Flirt With 2020 White House Bids
- California Moves Up Primary, Wants Bigger Impact 2020 Vote
- The masses can VOTE their way into socialism, but you always end up having to SHOOT your way out of it
- 2020 Democratic Hopefuls Embrace New Meaning of Reparations
- In Mostly White Iowa, Black Dems Poised to Play a 2020 Role
- Pete Buttigieg Has Money, But Can He Turn It Into 2020 Win?
- Resumed Federal Executions Raise Death Penalty's 2020 Stakes
- Poll: Joe Biden Dominates South Carolina with 31% Lead
- Who Woodinville Residents Support In The 2020 Presidential Race
Who is Kamala Harris and can she win in 2020? have 292 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at January 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.