The keyword appeared in Google Trends’s ‘Daily Search Trends’ section, which highlights searches that jumped significantly in traffic among all searches over the past 24 hours.
The term was searched over 20,000 times in Japan as of 10 a.m. Friday, preceded by ‘Kingdom Hearts 3’, a Japanese role-playing video game, at over 100,000 searches and followed by ‘Sakurai Sho’, a Japanese singer and actor, also at over 20,000 searches.
The national men’s football teams of Vietnam and Japan played each other in the Asian Cup quarterfinal match in Dubai Thursday night.
Japan won the match narrowly, scoring one goal from a penalty, while Vietnam failed to convert any of their scoring chances.
AFC Asian Cup highlights: Vietnam 0-1 Japan
Japan will play Iran next Monday in the semifinal tussle for a berth in the final of the tournament.
Although Vietnam’s Asian Cup 2019 has ended, the team has impressed everyone by punching far above its weight against a four-time tournament champion and regional powerhouse.
“Japan huff and puff into the semifinals,” reported Fox Sports Asia. The paper noted how Vietnam ended the game with 12 shots over Japan’s 11, and that the latter’s performance was “not very convincing” for the four-time champion.
“It was a tough game. In order to win, we had to pick up the pace and increase pressure in [Vietnam’s] side of the field,” remarked Japanese defender Maya Yoshida in a post-match exchange with the press.
“Vietnam defended well and had a speedy counterattack, so it was difficult for Japan to create clear chances [to score]. My students should have utilized their opportunities well,” said Japanese coach Hajime Moriyasu.
- Flying footwear and THAT bicycle kick – five Asian Cup moments
- Jamaica, Curacao reach Gold Cup quarterfinals
- Vietnam honors ties with Japan at Emperor’s coronation
- Man United draws Brighton in FA Cup quarterfinals
- U20 Vietnam prepares for FIFA U20 World Cup 2017
- Ho Chi Minh City installs 5 large screens to air Vietnam-Japan game
- Vietnam among best performers in first leg of World Cup Asian qualifiers
- Vietnam football federation fined $39,500 for fans lighting flares at Asian tourney
- Despite the gloom, India’s World Cup qualifying run reflects a silver lining
- Not Thinking About Revenge against Oman in FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Sunil Chhetri