Here are the top four facts about health supplements you need to know, according to Ms Rosemary Chng, 55, a life scientist/botanist and founder of natural health products company Elixir Botanica. Many supplements contain a lot of fillers and binders Consumers must learn to read labels to ensure they are getting what they want to buy, as what is on the front of the label may not be all that is in it. Ms Chng said: “Check that 100 per cent of the ingredients are broken and listed down on the label. Do not accept any product that only gives a general listing of the ingredients without the amount or volume of every single active ingredient. This is to ensure you are getting the right dose of what you need to prevent over- or under-dosing or even potential allergic reactions.” Getting the right dosage is very important Many people who buy online think more is better, according to Ms Chng, but therein lies the danger of overdosing. She said: “For example, the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) stipulates that capsules containing vitamin D3 should be 1,000iu a capsule and the dose for the average person is one capsule daily. But most… Read full this story
- Controlling cholesterol—Surprising facts on fats
- Beating heart disease, know the facts
- Everything you need to know about the extreme diet Kate Hudson claims gave her the killer abs that stole the Golden Globes
- The definitive, scientific answers to 20 health questions everyone has
- Here’s everything you need to know about Arianna Huffington’s new company
- [FACT OR FAKE #8] Will This FB Post Help You Lose 9kg of Belly Fat?
- 10 Stubborn Exercise Myths that Just Won’t Die
- All you need to know about probiotics
- Important medication tips for senior citizens
- This man’s potentially huge medical breakthrough can’t get any funding — and now he’s trying something desperate
Top four facts you need to know about health supplements have 306 words, post on www.tnp.sg at January 28, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.