When I was an elite athlete back in the 1990s and 2000s, training volume was the big thing in my sports—cycling and Nordic skiing. The way to get stronger and faster, we thought, was to log as many training hours as possible. Since then, I’ve learned that it’s not enough to just go hard. To make the biggest gains, you also have to optimize rest. That’s because it’s not the training itself that strengthens your muscles and bolsters your endurance. Instead, it’s the adaptations your body makes in response to that training, and these adaptations happen during the recovery period between workouts. Amazon Good to Go: What the Athlete in All of Us Can Learn from the Strange Science of Recovery No wonder recovery has become the latest obsession among athletes. Everywhere you turn on social media, you’ll see pro athletes and fitness influencers documenting their favorite recovery tools and rituals. Meanwhile, companies are lining up to sell products and services that promise to help you recover like a champ. I spent a year researching the science of recovery and investigating the various claims while reporting my new book, GOOD TO GO: What the Athlete in All of Us Can… Read full this story
- The Six Biggest Mistakes Law Firms Make When They Upgrade Technology
- Top 5 Mistakes Law Firms Make When Following Up With Leads
- Here’s a list of Fresno streets that will be fixed. Did yours make the cut?
- Don’t Make These 5 Fatal Law Firm Photography Mistakes on Your Website
- Are You Making Any of These Mistakes on Your Law Firm Website?
- Don’t Let Mistakes in Your Web Content Ruin Your Reputation
- Don’t Let a Typo (or Other Clerical Mistake) Ruin Your Lien – Part 2
- Eight Great Options For Upgrading Your Workout Shirts
- The calorie-torching workout for those who HATE running (or biking)
- Women Lawyers Must Also ‘Lean In’ to Realize Their Career Dreams
The Workout Recovery Mistakes You Might Not Realize You're Making have 320 words, post on www.menshealth.com at January 25, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.